21KM / 13 MILES
Half the distance with all the glory, the half marathon is a perfect opportunity for anyone to get their toes wet in unique running experience. Beginning at North Waipapakauri ramp this race is a relaxed challenge to the festival finish in Ahipara.
What makes this run unique is that you will be following in the footsteps of the Legend Te Houtaewa. As a participant you will receive a kumara (sweet potato) at the starting line and you will be challenged with the task of returning the kumara back to Paripari Domain.
• Race Bib
• Courtesy Bus to the start of the race only [Booking Essential]
• The Timing Team (Official Race Timers)
• Official Māori Wero Race Start
• Aid & Fuel stations every 3 km
• Bag drop service
• End Race Recovery Space, Entertainment & Ceremony
• Medical support available St John Ambulance &
• Rongoā (Traditional Maori Massage) [Koha]
• Returning of the Kumara Tikanga
• Te Houtaewa Tāonga (finish medal)
CUT OFF TIME
ENTRY FEE: USD50
SATURDAY 20 MARCH
21 KM / 13 MILES
16 YEARS AS OF 20 MARCH 2021
NORTH OF WAIPAPAKAURI RAMP
PARIPARI DOMAIN, AHIPARA
BEACH AID & FUEL STATIONS
Transport to the start line is included for all Individual Marathon Runners Event
Confirmation of transport is essential and we recommend you book early to avoid disappointment
A bus will be departing the Paripari Domain and Marae in Ahipara and Kaitaia old Pak n Sav. Please check with your race event timetable.
The bus to the start line will depart at the Kaitaia old Pak n Sav and will take you to the start line.
There will be baggage bins provided at the start line for the runner's personal belongings, and personal belongings will be available for collection at THMCT Container HQ's at Paripari Domain, Ahipara.