42KM / 21.6 MILES
The 42Km Marathon Challenge begins at North Hukatere beach and follows the ultramarathon route to Ahipara. Our marathon challenge is the perfect opportunity for you to push yourself as fast as you can across a long distance while feeling the soft sand underfoot as you make your way to the finish line!
What makes this run unique is that you will be following in the footsteps of the Legend Te Houtaewa. As a participant, you will receive a kumara (sweet potato) at the starting line and you will be challenged with the task of returning the kumara back to Paripari Domain.
CUT OFF TIME
SATURDAY 7 MARCH
42 KM / 26.1 MILES
16 YEARS AS OF 7 MARCH 2020
PARIPARI DOMAIN, AHIPARA
General closes 28/02/2020
26/02/2020 - 5 MAR 2020
• Race Bib
• Courtesy Bus to the start of the race only [Booking Essential]
• The Timing Team (Official Race Timers)
• Official Māori Wero Race Start
• Aid & Fuel stations every 3 km
• Bag drop service
• End Race Recovery Space, Entertainment & Ceremony
• Medical support available St John Ambulance &
• Rongoā (Traditional Maori Massage) [Booking Essential]
• Returning of the Kumara Tikanga
• Te Houtaewa Tāonga (finish medal)
BEACH AID & FUEL STATIONS
TE HUOTAEWA TAONGA
TRANSPORT TO START LOCATION
Transport to the start line is included for all Individual Marathon Runners Event
Confirmation of transport is essential and we recommend you book early to avoid disappointment
A bus will be departing the Paripari Domain and Marae in Ahipara and Kaitaia old Pak n Sav. Please check with your race event timetable.
The bus to the start line will depart at the Kaitaia old Pak n Sav and will take you to the start line.
There will be baggage bins provided at the start line for the runner's personal belongings, and personal belongings will be available for collection at THMCT Container HQ's at Paripari Domain, Ahipara.